RACE DAY CHECK-IN 8:30 AM
- All teams must have a minimum of 3 or maximum of 5 racers.
- All Student Only Teams must have a parent or guardian as driver (not included as a team member). They must check in with the team.
- All racers must complete a WAIVER form and have it signed by a parent or guardian. Racers will NOT be allowed to compete without the waiver. (Sorry – absolutely no exceptions). The form can be downloaded below.
RACE START 9:00 am
- All Team cars must be parked in WHS Lower Lot before the start of the race.
- During the race all teams must abide my parking and road regulations. No illegal parking or driving!
- All team members must be present at the start of the race.
- Team members must report to the WHS Fisher Gym by 8:45 for final instructions.
- Team members will leave the starting line at the same time – 9:00.
- Team members must remain together throughout the race and must check in at a team at every checkpoint.
- All team members must cross the finish line together to be considered as race complete.
- The first three teams to cross the finish line will be considered first, second and third place winners.
CLUES AND ACTIVITIES
- Clue Cards will be provided at various checkpoints to guide you to your next challenge destination.
- Please read each clue card carefully. Riddles, Puzzles, Historic Locations, GPS clues will be provided.
- Upon arrival of your challenge destination an Amazing Race volunteer will be there to greet you and provide you with your activity challenge description.
- Please read the activity challenge description carefully as some challenges are group activities and others are individual activities.
- Activity challenges must be completed and certified by the activity host instructor and volunteer. Your Passport will be stamped by the Amazing Race Volunteer.
- Team members that are not competing in an individual task must remain on the sideline and wait for their teammate to complete the challenge and return with their next destination clue card.
- Only when you have completed the task to the volunteers/host instructor’s satisfaction will you be given the next clue. Once again your Passport will be stamped.
- Clues are to be read as a team.
- All Student teams must have a licensed parent driver to transport them. The driver, if not an active member of the team, may not participate in any task or help in any way. They are to stay in the car while waiting for their team to complete their task or must remain approximately 100 feet away while watching.
- Throughout the race, teams will be eliminated for not completing challenges or finishing as a bottom team at a given checkpoint. All teams will have the opportunity to compete to the mid-way point of the race and may be given an opportunity to re-enter the race by winning a super redemption challenge.
- DETOURS: This year your team can buy up to 3 detours. A detour is an extra activity that another team must complete. Each team can only be penalized with up to 2 detours. These detours can come from one team or different teams.
PENALTIES AND DISQUALIFICATION
- Safety for participants, the public, and the host establishment is priority. At no time should you go over the speed limit, break traffic laws, park illegally, cause destruction of property, or physical endangerment. Teams putting themselves, the public, or the host establishment in danger will receive a possible disqualification.
- Cheating is not allowed. Teams who do not complete their own challenge will be disqualified.
- Teams caught skipping a challenge will be disqualified.
EMERGENCIES/DROPPING OUT OF THE RACE
- If at any time a member of your team gets hurt, take appropriate action by calling for help. An emergency contact numbers will be provided to each team at check in.
- If possible, please let the volunteer at that task know what happened or call someone on the contact card given to you at check in.
- If at any time anyone on your team or your whole team decides to not finish the race, please call the number on your contact card.